Liverpool fans think Lazar Markovic could thrive under Jurgen Klopp Lazar Markovic could really thrive if Jurgen Klopp is given the Liverpool manager’s job.That’s the belief of a section of Liverpool fans, who have taken to social media to argue that the 21-year-old’s style is perfectly suited to Klopp’s style of play.According to the latest reports, the former Borussia Dortmund boss is likely to take over at Anfield this week following Brendan Rodgers’ sacking.But he would have to wait to get the best out of Markovic, as the Serbian flyer is on loan at Fenerbahce for the season, where it is hoped he will develop and become a player worthy of the £20m Liverpool paid to sign him.VIDEO: 10 THINGS YOU DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT JURGEN KLOPP 1
FOOTBALL LEAGUE STATEMENT: Massimo Cellino pic.twitter.com/l34jb8Qyo0— EFL (@EFL) October 28, 2015 Massimo Cellino 1 Leeds owner Massimo Cellino will appeal against his latest Football League ban, it has been confirmed.Earlier this month Cellino was banned for a second time for breaching the Football League’s owners’ and directors’ rules following a conviction for tax evasion this year.The Italian served his previous ban from January until May, having been found guilty of failing to pay VAT on a yacht.Cellino, who has three further criminal cases against him still outstanding, had until October 28 to appeal against his latest ban subsequently submitted the necessary paperwork ahead of Wednesday’s deadline.If he is unsuccessful, the 59-year-old, who took over at Elland Road in April 2014, will be unable to take part in the day-to-day running of the Sky Bet Championship club, forcing him to pass control to someone else.The Football League has yet to confirm the length of any ban, but it is thought it would end in June 2016 – 12 months from the date of his conviction when it will be spent under English law.
The head of the organising committee for Euro 2016 has promised France will take the “necessary decisions” to ensure next summer’s tournament takes place in safety.Jacques Lambert made the pledge in the wake of Friday’s terror attacks in Paris, where 129 people were killed and hundreds more injured during a series of incidents across the French capital.It is the second time this year that Paris has been hit by terrorism after 12 people were killed by gunmen in January, and the attacks raise serious concerns about fans’ safety at Euro 2016, which is being held in the country between June 10 and July 10 next year.However, Lambert has sought to ease fears about security and played down any suggestion of the tournament not going ahead in France.He told French broadcaster RTL: “To ask questions about the cancellation of Euro 2016 is to play into the hands of the terrorists.“The risk level was up a notch in January, and it just got up a notch.“We will take the necessary decisions for Euro 2016 to take place in the best safety conditions. I will not reveal what we are going to do because that would alert our opponents.”He added: “The security in stadiums works well, the risk is more out in the streets, in spontaneous gatherings.”French Football Federation (FFF) president Noel Le Graet had earlier said: “We will do whatever it takes to ensure security despite all the risks that entails. I know everyone is vigiliant. Obviously this causes us to be even more vigilant. But it is a permanent situation for the Federation and the state.” 1 Jacques Lambert
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREGame Center: Chargers at Kansas City Chiefs, Sunday, 10 a.m.The world of fairy tales, heroes and happy dreams all kids should live in. “The world this children’s library opens to all our kids is invaluable,” says Sara Berdine, executive director of Haven Hills Shelter. This is where women and children come, often with nothing but the clothes on their backs, to be cared for and hidden away for up to 18 months until they can transition safely back into society. Like most nonprofits, it’s run on a shoestring budget. A children’s library is a luxury. Haven Hills has no luxuries. Now it does, thanks to Lorraine Zitlin. She’s past president of the local women’s group, an 85-year-old Northridge woman with the energy and drive of a 25-year-old. This is the second children’s library she has opened in a family shelter in the past three years, and there are 250 more children’s books stacked in her den right now that will help start a third shelter library soon. Mothers who used to cower in fear with their children in their arms now sit peacefully in a safe place with their kids in their laps, reading them a fairy tale. No violence allowed. Only happy dreams. “Our national organization in Washington, D.C., set the goal four years ago to establish 100 libraries nationally for the children of battered, abused mothers in domestic violence shelters,” Zitlin said Wednesday. She took up the challenge in the Valley and started collecting used children’s books that public libraries were replacing or that were being sold at garage sales. When word started to spread about where the books were going, donations of money and new books started coming in. “I’ve visited with kids in these shelters, and it’s an incredible sight to see their faces light up when their mothers read them a fairy tale,” says Robyn Strumpf, who donated 250 books for the kids at Haven Hills. You may remember Robyn from a 2000 column I wrote on her efforts to fight illiteracy by collecting books from bookstores, publishers and donors for children to read. She was a 14-year-old student at Sierra Canyon Middle School in Chatsworth back then. Today, she’s a 21-year-old USC junior, still fighting illiteracy, and now helping Zitlin fight domestic violence. “With these libraries, we’re trying to show these kids that there’s a whole other world out there besides violence,” Zitlin said. “We want them to get lost in the adventure and wonder of books.” The world of fairy tales, heroes and happy dreams all kids should live in. Dennis McCarthy’s column appears Tuesday, Thursday, Friday and Sunday. email@example.com (818) 713-3749160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set! The kids in this story live in a violent, dangerous world – so dangerous I can’t even tell you where their new children’s library is located in the San Fernando Valley. To reveal the address of the domestic violence shelter it’s housed in would put the kids and their mothers – victims of domestic abuse – in jeopardy. It would tell the violent men they are hiding from where they live. What I can tell you is this: Thanks to the local Zavaha Chapter of Jewish Women International, the dark, violent world these kids have lived in is finally getting some competition from the bright, safe world.
BREAKING NEWS: The Department of Finance has confirmed tonight that Ireland’s debt will be 2% or €3.6 billion lower than previously thought….thanks to an accounting errors!Unions are already calling on the Government to halt massive cuts planned in next month’s Budget which will hit thousands of families across County Donegal.A spokesman for the Department of Finance said that, as a result of a “re-classification”, the country’s debt to GDP ratio would be lower. It is understood the development has occurred as result of double-counting. It’s all very complicated….but here’s our attempt to explain it!A statement from the Finance Department said that the NTMA has recently made both the Department and the Central Statistics Office aware of the fact that there was a change in their relationship with the HFA that has an impact on the accounts of the two entities.It said that previously, the National Treasury Managment Agency had acted as agent for the Housing Finance Agency (HFA). Since late 2010 the NTMA has loaned directly to the HFA. These loans appear as assets in the NTMA accounts and liabilities in the HFA accounts.”The liabilities of the HFA are included in general government debt; the corresponding assets of the NTMA have been included in the ‘liquid assets’ of the NTMA, which are also part general government debt – effectively a double count,” the statement added. ”Removing the impact of this double count reduces the estimate of 2010 general government debt by €3.6 billion or 2.3% of GDP,” the Finance statement concludes.It’s kind of like the Government winning the EuroMillions (about 100 times over).Below is the CSO statement in full:Correction to Ireland’s end-2010 General Government DebtThe end-2010 General Government gross debt (GGDebt) figure reported to Eurostat last month by the Department of Finance and the Central Statistics Office was overstated by some €3.6bn. This means that the correct figure for Ireland’s GGDebt at end-2010 was €144.4 billion (92.6% of GDP) rather than the published €148.0 billion (94.9% of GDP). The GGDebt is defined by EU regulations as the total gross debt owed by all government bodies to third parties outside of government. If one government body owes another money, this does not count towards the GGDebt.In 2010, one government body, the Housing Finance Agency (HFA), for the first time borrowed €3.6 billion from another government body, the National Treasury Management Agency (NTMA). In previous years, HFA borrowings had been sourced on the open market.When compiling the end-2010 GGDebt figures, this €3.6 billion was mistakenly treated as external borrowings and was wrongly added to the GGDebt.On the General Government balance sheet, end-2010 financial assets were also overstated by the €3.6 billion, as the loan from the NTMA to the HFA was incorrectly recorded as an open market bank deposit. The error was recently drawn to the CSO’s attention by the NTMA. The CSO has informed Eurostat of the error, and the figures shown in respect of Ireland’s gross debt and the associated debt/GDP ratio will be corrected in future releases relating to Government debt.The General Government Deficit (GGDeficit) figure for 2010 reported for Ireland is not affected by the revision, and neither is Ireland’s net debt position (GGDebt less liquid assets).Overall, the State is no better or worse off as a result of the correction.BREAKING NEWS: (YOU COULDN’T MAKE THIS UP) IRELAND OWES €3.6 BILLION LESS THAN THOUGHT! was last modified: November 1st, 2011 by BrendaShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window)Tags:ireland’s debt reduced
When Andy Carroll pretty much ended Arsenal’s title dream at the weekend, Gooners wasted no time turning their attention to the players they think can take the club forward next season.The West Ham striker scored a hat-trick a 3-3 draw at Upton Park to leave the Gunners 13 points behind leaders Leicester, prompting calls for Arsenal to ditch a host of stars.There were differing opinions on the English players at the club, with some keen to see Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain remain, while others would prefer to see him follow the likes of Olivier Giroud, Per Mertesacker and David Ospina through the exit door.Here is a selection of tweets on the players Arsenal fans would look to see shown the Emirates Stadium exit door… 1 Some Arsenal fans have lost faith in Debuchy, Wilshere, Giroud and Oxlade-Chamberlain
[View the story “‘We pay Roy Hodgson £3.5m for this dross. Daylight robbery!’ – England fans fume after Slovakia draw” on Storify] 1 England have stuttered to second place in Group B after a goalless draw with Slovakia in St Etienne.Roy Hodgson made six changes to the side that dramatically beat Wales with the Three Lions’ star performers so far, Wayne Rooney and Kyle Walker, dropping to the bench.Wales on the other hand smashed Russia 3-0 to finish top and relegate England to group runners up.England fans were less than impressed with the tactics of Hodgson and took to social media to vent their anger.See below for the best reactions to England’s dismal display. Roy Hodgson made six changes to the side that beat Wales
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MOREPettersson scores another winner, Canucks beat KingsVargas wasn’t seriously injured. HOLLYWOOD – A suspected drunk driver was arrested on suspicion of murder this morning after running a red light that caused a crash that killed two people, authorities said. Jose Luis Vargas, 31, of Los Angeles was arrested in connection with the 1 a.m. collision at Sunset Boulevard and Gower Street, said Los Angeles police Sgt. Murrel Pettway of the West Traffic Division. Vargas was driving east on Sunset when he ran a red light and crashed into a car going south on Gower, Pettway said. Samuel Cassel, 28, of Valley Village, and Rhiannon Meier, 28, of Los Angeles, died at the scene. 160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
AD Quality Auto 360p 720p 1080p Top articles1/5READ MORECoach Doc Rivers a “fan” from way back of Jazz’s Jordan Clarkson“The next two years represent a soft patch in the economy,” Schniepp wrote in his latest survey, which he presented last month to local business leaders. “However, they do not translate into a general recession of idled workers, equipment and factories.” Schniepp predicted 1,400 new jobs in the Santa Clarita Valley, a mix of hourly and salaried employment. That marks the area’s slowest rate of growth in a decade. He also estimated some 150 to 200 new self-employed workers. Kyser concurs there will be some growth, but at a lesser pace than in the past several years. “You have some good news and some bad news,” Kyser said in a recent interview. “The good news is, we are looking for continued growth in technical activity and biomed, but if it’s consumer- and business-related, that growth rate will be slower.” SANTA CLARITA – Economic growth in the Santa Clarita Valley will slow in 2008, the trickle-down from the slumping housing industry coupled with the unprecedented mortgage lending crisis. “We’re on recession watch for 2008, for the nation, California and Southern California,” said Jack Kyser, chief economist with the nonprofit Los Angeles County Economic Development Corp. “It’s not a full-blown recession, but not a fun year for a lot of people. “We have to see how things play out.” There will be some job growth and expansion in retail, but the dismal housing market is dragging down job creation, according to Mark Schniepp, director of the Santa Barbara-based California Economic Forecast, in an in-depth study of northern Los Angeles County. Service industries – such as carwashes and hair salons – could suffer as consumers hold back on discretionary spending, Kyser said. Value-oriented retailers such as Costco and Wal-Mart are expected to be the big winners as the economy continues this tilt, he added. Jason Crawford, the city of Santa Clarita’s economic development manager, paints a rosier picture, anticipating growth in local retail. Two major retail centers are due to open in 2008 – Golden Valley Ranch in Canyon Country, anchored by Kohl’s, Target and Bed, Bath and Beyond, and Valencia’s Bridgeport Marketplace, anchored by Bristol Farms. “We’ve a really strong retail base that hopefully helps counteract what’s going on with the housing sector,” Crawford said. And while a major expansion of the Westfield Valencia Town Center mall won’t be completed until 2009, it will get construction workers hurt by the housing decline back on the job, he said. “It looks like we’re not going see a whole lot of growth or decline; we’re pretty steady,” Crawford said. The city, like Kyser, also is encouraged by forecasts for growth in the local biomedical industry – led by Specialty Laboratories and Alfred Mann’s MannKind Corp., both headquartered in Valencia. “That sector is in a growth mode,” he said. The “wild card” is the film industry, as the television writers guild strike continues – and a long strike appears likely, Kyser said. Then in June, the Screen Actors Guild contract is due for renewal, setting the stage for still more uncertainty in the entertainment industry. “We’re in for several months there of instability and dollar loss,” Kyser said. Santa Clarita’s keeping an eye on the filming industry, which was going strong locally until the writers strike halted filming of several television shows shot in Santa Clarita. Crawford also said Santa Clarita is negotiating with one company to take over the shuttered former Borax headquarters in Valencia and trying to lure more bio-med industry to the Mann Biomedical Research Park in Valencia. Schniepp predicts growth in financial industries, leisure and hospitality, education, professional services and government jobs. The office real estate market, which has boomed in the past two years as professional services caught up with industry, will soften, he said. Kyser noted office tenants are being cautious and forgoing long-term leases. Residential prices are expected to drop about 6 percent from the current median of $550,000. Kyser said sales and home prices are due to continue their descent next year and possibly into 2010. “There’s no question consumers will be cautious at the start of the year,” Kyser said. “As we move through 2008, hopefully things will pick up.160Want local news?Sign up for the Localist and stay informed Something went wrong. Please try again.subscribeCongratulations! You’re all set!
Liberty Travel in Letterkenny are currently recruiting for a Travel Consultant to join their award-winning team.The ideal applicant will have experience of the travel industry and a passion for giving good customer service.Experience in a sales based role would be an advantage but training will be given to the right applicant. Good computer and administration skills are essential for this role.Applicants must be available to work full time.If you are an enthusiastic individual, a team player and you feel that you can multi task in a busy working environment then, this may be the place for you.TO APPLY:Please send your CV and contact detail to, Carolyn Davis firstname.lastname@example.org Job Vacancy: Travel Consultant sought for award-winning Donegal agency was last modified: June 20th, 2018 by Rachel McLaughlinShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:AgencyCustomer Servicejobsletterkenny jobsLiberty Travelsalespersontravel consultantVacancies